January 9, 2005

A Butcher, A Baker, A Candlestick Maker

I missed out on making fresh bread while on vacation - but that's okay, I came home with the recipe (greatly reduced) so I can make 2 loaves at a time instead of 5. I did enjoy the opportunity to do a little cooking though. Shain helped me to make Barbeque Chicken. While I was stirring the sauce into the pot to marinate the chicken, Shain was informing me of all the ingredients he thought should go into the pot.... Ketchup, Mustard, Pickles, and Barbeque sauce. He held the pan in place while I poured with one hand and stirred with the other.

He looked up at me with his sweet angelic look and said "You are a better cook than me. You're like a Chef... Or a butcher." Then he stood on tip toes and gave me a kiss on the cheek and left the room. I laughed so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment