May 16, 2006

Thank You

Recently a couple of friends of mine and I have been emailing a question and the answer to that question. This has been really encouraging to me during my work week and I thought I would share the question and my response from several weeks ago - Please post your own responses to the question in the comments section....

QUESTION:
James 1:17
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

What good and perfect gifts are you thankful for today?

MY RESPONSE:
I'm thankful that death is often accompanied by new life. That there is joy in the midst of pain; that we can laugh in the midst of tears. For family that pulls together to comfort one another in the hard times, and celebrates with each other in the happy ones. I am thankful that God is forgiving, and holds no grudges. I am thankful that I do stupid things that make me laugh; and that God keeps me from being too proud to share the laugh with others. I am thankful for a God who is gracious and compassionate, and slow to anger. That He fills all my needs. That God knows what my future holds even when I don't know what day it is. That He is good. And that I can trust Him with my future and my choices, even when I don't understand why He is asking me to do something. I am thankful that no matter how horribly black I look and feel on the inside, He sees me as whiter than snow through the blood of Jesus Christ. I am also thankful that God's Word is true and I can believe that He will do what HE says He will do. And I'm especially thankful that He has gifted me with friends who support, challenge, encourage, and rebuke me in love and with scripture on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment