June 14, 2006

Walk Uprightly

I (my Bible Study) started studying Micah this month as often happens we start chasing a train of thought throughout scripture. Last week it was Micah 2:7b "Do not My words do good to the one walking uprightly?" There are two thoughts here, we'll explore the second. What does it mean to walk uprightly?

-to walk in the name of the Lord
-to walk humbly, love justice, love kindness (see Micah)
-a manner worthy of the holy calling (Eph 4:1 - see Eph 1 for your calling)
-with humility, gentleness, patience, showing forbearance to one another in love (Eph 4:2)
-not based on what others say but what God says about me
-diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Christ made peace within me so I don't have to be in competition with you- still Eph 4)
-Not as the world (Eph 4:17)
-with a renewed mind (Eph 4:23)
-Imitating God, in love, with sacrifice, giving thanks, trying to learn what is pleasing to God (Eph 5)
-Requires careful adherence, wisdom, spirit filled, speaking psalms...
-fleeing the appearance of evil
-According to the Word (Ps 119)
-Integrity (Ps 84:11)
-Integrity, trust in the Lord w/o wavering, walk in truth, repent of sin, do not sit with deceitful men, does not go with pretenders... (Ps 26)

That's a tall order! I'm glad that God gives us the ability to do all He asks when His spirit comes to live within us, causing me to walk in His ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment