July 9, 2006

Struggles

Do you ever look at yourself and wonder how in the world did I get to be here, this way, like this? I’ve been doing that a lot lately. This past year has been a very hard year for me. So very much has transpired that there are weeks when all I seem to be able to do is cling to Christ and His Word – His promises because though I can’t see what He’s doing, I know that He is good and True. I won’t share a laundry list of trials and struggles that began about this time last year. Not only have I not resolved those continual things I’ve been dealing with before but new things began to pop up – seemingly out of the blue. I watched so much of “my world” leave all seemingly simultaneously. There were moments when I felt I must know just a teeny bit what Job tasted (though certainly not on the same level). There are moments I feel that I don’t know which way is up.

But then God calls me back to what I know is true: God wants to teach me something in all of this, and His word will point me in the right direction. I thank God that He will never leave me nor forsake me. There were probably two weeks where the only people I spoke to outside of work were in another state. But just as I was starting to feel isolated, God reminded me how very blessed I am to have friends who love me so much that even though we don’t live in the same state – our friendship is important enough to carve out a little time each week to say hi and catch up on life. Some of the most amazing friends I have don’t live near me, but they are a constant reminder of God’s love. Just because I don’t see them everyday, doesn’t mean they aren’t there; like God, he may not be physical, but he’s a very real and important part of my life. So to all my friends in other states who may read this, thank you for keeping in touch – even if it’s sporadic at best – I thank God for you and am praying that He keep you growing in your walk with Him.

I recently heard the definition of Perseverance given as being unmovable in difficult circumstances – not trying to escape them but waiting on God and standing strong in Him. Imagine what a witness that would be! I have been studying the book of Micah lately and I have begun to see that each of his three messages of judgment for sin ends with Hope. God always offers us hope in Him. That seems to be the message He has for me right now. He is not only my light at the end of these struggles, but in the midst of them. He never leaves us without a promise. God is Good and in Him I find Hope. He is my salvation – my life. My Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment