November 7, 2006

My very own War Eagle Moment!

I have been feeling very isolated lately. Loneliness-in-the-midst-of-a-crowd is one of the specific ways that I believe Satan attacks me. As far back as I can remember, I could be at a party with all my friends and feel ever so lonely. Like no one really cares about me at all. (Now I know this is a lie from the pit of hell because no matter where I am God is there and God loves me, but I still struggle with this). Anyway, I have been feeling isolated lately, mostly because I almost never see my friends anymore, (Except Kim and Becca - you two Rock!) and they rarely call me. At times it seems I am just not worth keeping in touch with. (Again, a lie, I know.) Anyway, God has totally been teaching me some awesome things about depending upon Him through my loneliness and as always He is the BEST FRIEND I could ever dream of having. Still.

So I have been dealing with these stupid emotions and thoughts for quite sometime now and God in His graciousness gave me the one unifying - identifying - thing He could to encourage me, just when I really needed it. (First was getting to hang with Kim all weekend and second was what follows).

I grew up an Air Force Brat and as such, spent most of my life as an outsider. When I lived out West, I was considered from "back East"; When I lived in the South, I was seen as from "Up North"; and living in the North, I was seen as from the "South" I couldn't win for losing. Never quite fit in anywhere. Until College Graduation. I am an honest to goodness Auburn Tiger. I have every bit as much right as the next Alumni to call Auburn home. I am part of a diverse Auburn Family that bleeds orange and blue. I have rolled Toomer's Corner
gone to the Tiger Walk before Football Games. Yelled Rah Rah Rah! Sis Boom Bah! and I have more than one photo of me and Aubie at a football game. I am also known to yell "War Eagle" when I get really excited, when I am happy, when I see other people wearing anything Auburn and at Alabama fans and sometimes for no other reason than it is part of who I am. I can't explain what it is to be part of that family to someone who isn't so I will end with this....

A couple weekends ago I had my very own War Eagle Moment at a Celebration of the Feast of the Tabernacles and just as the main session was ending, a man walked over to me and said "War Eagle!" My mind raced for a moment and realized he must have seen my new Blue Auburn purse which is my nod to the successful football season we have been having! An instant connection was made because he knew how to greet a Tiger. It turns out his children go to Auburn! What a large family we have and a small world! It definitely brightened up my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment