December 6, 2004

Surprise Lessons

God never ceases to amaze me. I love it when God shows up to a Bible study and teaches me so very much and none of it has anything to do with the topic being discussed. I don't think I could really tell you what we talked about last night, only that God has shown me several things that I need to work on in my life. Isn't it funny how we know what we are suppose to be doing, but we don't always think about it until God shows up and smacks us with it - in His very gentle, very loving and sometimes very painful way?

God reminded me that just because He has changed the direction my life seems to be going right now and I feel very much like I'm in a holding pattern, doesn't mean I have the luxury of relaxing. Not a chance. He expects me to be ministering all around me (all the time) and to be digging deeper in the Word each day by myself.

I was griping at Him just the other day because I felt like I had been stripped of those people who daily challenge me. God has given me some awesome and encouraging friends here, but I miss so much those that I have left. I had some pretty great people in my life. You know, the ones that call you on everything sometimes directly and sometimes simply by living what you are suppose to be living. They are humble and loving and their lives convict the tar out of you. I love being challenged in my walk with the Lord. I crave it.

I thank God for the friends I have here. Its nice to have at least a few people (Andi and Amberly specifically) who I can easily talk with depth about the awesome-ness of God and all that He is teaching me and all the imperfections that make up my life and they encourage me. But what God has been trying to get me to do is to lean on Him and the Holy Spirit in my life to challenge me and take me deeper. People are great but as Rob pointed out the other day, I can't rely on them to do what is God's pleasure to do.

So for those of you in my life that read this and actually talk to me, please call me on the stuff you see. I need that but more than that, I need you to ask me if I'm relying on God and spending time daily with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment